Host or Designee:
Host/Designee sends the information noted below to the Affiliate Specialist at email@example.com
- Host name/email:
- Affiliate name/email:
- Name/email of “Designee” (if initiating form for the Host)
Affiliate Specialist will send an email to the Host (or Designee) and Affiliate with the link to the Affiliate Registry (ARF) where each will complete their section of the form. (If Designee is noted, he/she will be cc’d and able to access the link to prepare the form on behalf of the Host).
Once the Host (Designee) and Affiliate complete their portion of the ARF, the Affiliate Specialist will handle the remaining details of the appointment:
- Send the invitation letter, confirmation letter and affiliate forms to the Affiliate (including stipend tax forms, if appropriate) with a cc to Host or Designee.
- Provide IRSO and Foreign Visits & Assignments office with required information on Foreign National Affiliates (automatically through ARF).
- Request email and computer accounts prior to arrival.
- Schedule and conduct the start appointment.
- Ensure that JHA is initiated and GERT is completed before releasing the affiliate to the division.
- Handle extensions, status changes and termination/exit appointments, including collection of badges, keys and parking permits.
- Hosts will receive system generated notifications of upcoming appointment end date at 60, and followed with a cc’d to Affiliate at the 30, 15 and 1 day before the end of the Affiliate appointment. Please note, Designees will not be cc’d on these emails. However, Hosts may forward end date notifications to the Designee for handling, if appropriate.
- To extend or terminate the Affiliate appointment, the Host sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receipt of the Host’s email, the Affiliate Specialist will process the extension or termination.
- Stipends – Stipend extensions or terminations must be communicated to the designated Administrator (not the Affiliate Specialist), who will need to provide budget approval for the stipend extension.
For more information please visit the Affiliate Processing Website for more information: http://www.lbl.gov/Workplace/HumanResources/html/Guests/Affiliates/index.html
If you have any questions about the new process, please contact our Affiliate Specialist at ext. 6749 or 2401.