Points of Contact:
Physical Biosciences Division Property PassView the Policies and Procedures
The PBD Property Custodian/User hereby agrees to take reasonable measures to safeguard property against theft, loss, destruction, and damage consistent with the environment in which the property is being used. He/she agrees to comply with PBD Property Management/LBNL Property Management policies and procedures listed below:
- Immediately notify PBDProperty@lbl.gov when property is lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed. If stolen, a report must also be filed with the local police department where the incident occurred.
- For returns, exchanges, upgrades, or trade-in of property to vendors/manufacturers contact PBDProperty@lbl.gov Group who will assist with getting authorization from LBNL Procurement.
- Before dismantling, cannibalizing, or salvaging of property contact PBDProperty@lbl.gov.
- Notify PBDProperty@lbl.gov when moving inventory to a new location, transferring custodianship, or if you are leaving the Division or the Lab.
- The pass holder will keep property secured and attended to at all times; and will not leave property off site without prior approval of PBD Property Management.
- Property Custodian or User may be held financially responsible for repair or maintenance of property that is lost, damaged, or stolen due to the willful misconduct or gross negligence. "Gross negligence" in this context means intentional neglect or reckless disregard for protecting government property as deemed by the LBNL Property Management Group or the DOE.
- Physical Biosciences Division (PBD) grants offsite use of LBNL DOE property for the purpose of LBNL business and research.
- PBD Property Passes can be revoked if LBNL Property Management policies and procedures are not followed.
- Laptops and hand held computers taken off site must be brought back for Property aduits.
- For additional questions and information please contact PBD Property Manager: email@example.com or visit PBD One Stop page: http://pbd.lbl.gov/PBD/onestop/ & click on "Property" tab for more information.
- All sensitive and high-risk property purchased with Laboratory funds must be tagged and remains the property of LBNL
- Laboratory property must be accounted for, properly maintained, and kept secured at all times
- Prior approval from LBNL Property Management is required before sending DOE tagged items to another site location, to salvage, or for returns/trade-in/exchange of equipment
- DOE tagged items used at home or taken off-site location must be issued a PBD Property Pass prior to leaving the Lab
- Property custodians/users should self-verify their assigned property in the Laboratory Property Review system (LPR)
- For more information or to request for a PBD Property Pass form, email PBD Property Management Group, or contact Nils Nilsson at 486-4311. Property pass forms can be mailed via Internal mail to: Mailstop: Donner or faxed to 486-7080
|Property Assistance Resources||Email/Websites||Telephone|
|LBNL Property Management Website||www.lbl.gov/Workplace/CFO/pro/property||Forms & Guidelines|
LBNL Procurement Returns
Facilities Point and Ship
|LBNL Security (Lost/Stolen computer item)||www.lbl.gov/ITSD/Security/guidelines/loststolenproperty.html||Filing Report|
|Lab Property Review System||https://isswprod.lbl.gov/lpr/login.aspx||Update Property File|
The U.S. Department of Energy, the University of California and the Laboratory expect due diligence on the part of their employees in protecting government property. All losses & thefts of laptop computers are reviewed by the Oversight Committee on Missing Property.
For more information, please review the Laptop Accountability Brochure here
Property Quick Guide
Property Quick Guide